Available Effective Gonorrhea Throat Treatment Options

By on November 4, 2015

Gonorrhea is basically an STD or a sexually transmitted disease caused due to bacteria, which is known as Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

These bacteria can easily pass from one person to another by way of sexual activity which can be anal, oral or vaginal intercourse.

This can result in infections of the vagina, anus, cervix or the urethra. Gonorrhea Throat treatment is important because if left untreated, it can spread to the higher portions of reproductive tract.

People, who practice oral sex, might be infected by gonorrhea throat which is also called gonococcal pharyngitis. The risk of getting Gonorrhea in Throat is more when given oral sex to man than to woman.

Gonorrhea Throat Treatment

No symptoms are experienced in 90% cases of Gonorrhea in throat, and in remaining 10% cases symptoms like shore throat, tonsillitis, and pharyngitis are experienced.

Gonorrhea Throat Treatment options

Some of the available options of Gonorrhea throat treatment that works effectively in treating are included below:

Use of Antibiotics

The best Gonorrhea Throat treatment option is the use of two antibiotics and they are: an oral dose of azithromycin and an intramuscular injection of ceftriaxone. It is important to treat all the sex partners of an infected individual. These two antibiotics are quite effective in treating gonorrhea throat but they should be used in caution.

Use of Medications

The effective use of medications like cipro, tequin, levaquin, doxycycline and zithromax is also advocated for the effective treatment of gonorrhea throat. The medicines used for treating an STD called Chlamydia are also recommended for the treatment of gonorrhea because it is one condition that can actually cause the other STD called Chlamydia.

Practicing Protected Oral, Anal or Vaginal Sex

Practicing protected anal, oral or vaginal sex is another effective preventive method for this condition. This helps in alleviating any kind of re-infection until the entire infection has been cleared and treatment completed thoroughly.

The Bottom Line

It is quite difficult to treat gonorrhea of the throat than those in the rectum, cervix and urethra. Treatment for this condition should be carried out for minimum three to five days and the results would be quite prominent and positive as well. If the symptoms remains even after using gonorrhea throat treatment, then it is advised to meet doctor again immediately.

Photo Credits: medscape.com

Get the latest health Information and Health Tips from EHealthyBlog.com!

Delivered by E Healthy Blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.