How To Prepare Homemade Tooth Fillings?
Making your own strong composite tooth filling may relieve you from pain throughout an emergency situation. If you are unable or don’t find time to visit your dentist, you can create your own solid compound filling just by using a few basic materials.
What is a compound tooth filling?
A compound tooth filling combines variable materials and chemicals to make a solidified thing which acts as a safe and protective shield in order to coat an impaired tooth.
Types of tooth fillings
There are two different types of tooth-filling.
1. Firstly, non-white filling which is made of silver is a cheapest option.
2. Secondly, white filling prepared of synthetic resin.
How to temporarily replace your tooth filling?
- Check for any early signs of getting lost a filling or pain when food, cold air, liquids touch your tender areas in the mouth.
- Clean your hands thoroughly using antiseptic soap and make them dry before moving on.
- Put on gloves when you are treating others other than yourself.
- Soak 1/8 inch cotton pellet in two drops of liquid toothache medicine comprised of benzocaine. You can get toothache medicine at local medical stores.
- Thoroughly rinse your mouth with a disinfectant. Apply clove oil into the hole of your teeth. This can reduce pain.
- Now press the cotton pellet straight down onto the damaged tooth.
- Wait for the prepared filling to harden when using pre-mixed filling.
- Fit a piece of temporary filling material over the saturated cotton pellet using clean pair of tweezers.
- Cover the filling with orthodontic wax to hold the filling in place. Replace the temporary filling every 12 hours till you visit your dentist.
Homemade tooth fillings will protect your damaged tooth till you make an appointment with your dentist.