- Nanojuice – New Technique For Examining Small Intestine
- Gut Cells May Be Used For Diabetes Treatment
- Using Antidepressants During Pregnancy? It Poses Risk To Your Baby
- Bionic Pancreas – Effective Diabetes Treatment For Youth And Adults Than Insulin Pumps
- Iron Supplements Is Good for Anemic Women Having Heavy Periods
Hypertension Among Adults In United States [Infographics]
Hypertension is commonly known to everyone by the name “High Blood Pressure”. This is one of the most commonly found chronic disease in which the blood pressure levels are at elevated levels.
Hypertension can be easily detected, and can be kept at controlled levels with proper medication. But, if left untreated, it can result in many dangerous health conditions like, heart attack, stroke, chronic heart failure, and sometimes can result into kidney diseases.
Nearly 29.1% of American residents are affected with this disease. When we consider this percentage with respect to sex, women and men are almost same with 28.5% and 29.7% respectively.
The risk of developing hypertension increases with age. Only 7.3% of US residents with age group 18 to 39 years are affected with this health condition. Whereas, when it comes to the age group of 40 to 59 years, percentage of people affected are 32.4%.
And it is 65%, when we consider the US residents who are above 60 years of age. Let us see few more statistics in details in the following infographic.